The Paragon is proud to offer basketball training led by Toledo's finest basketball experts and coaches. Coach Dennis Hopson is a former NBA player and is the current Ohio State leading scorer. Coach Tandy Bradford brings strong experience with girls and women’s basketball teams at the high school and college levels and has an extensive coaching background. Both Coach Hopson and Coach Bradford enjoy training kids and sharing their basketball tips and tricks with young players.
October Open Gym
Glass City Athletics is proud to be the only all-access facility to practice your volleyball and basketball skills with our monthly Open Gym Schedule. All players are welcome to attend an open gym.
If you are looking for a game or a place to practice, you have found one: Glass City Athletics - The Paragon. We look forward to seeing you on the court!
BASKETBALL & VOLLEYBALL OPEN GYM DATES & TIMES:
- Monday, October 23 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 26 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- COST: $5 per player per two hour session (cash please). Open Gyms are free for Glass City Athletics Members (this does not include Fury or Volleyball Team Members).
- LOCATION: The Paragon: 1590 Albon Road Suite 12, Holland, Ohio 43528
No reservations required -- just show up ready to play or practice! If you have any questions, please contact Dana Hooper at 419-261-0067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUNE UP CLINICS FOR JR. HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
The Tune Up Clinic, directed by former NBA/Ohio State player Dennis Hopson, is designed to prepare your 7th/8th grade player, girl or boy, to be in the best position possible for school tryouts. The workouts will focus on conditioning, ball-handling, shooting, defense and the mental mindset to have a successful tryout. The clinic will take place over three different days with enough time to have your child physically and mentally ready for school tryouts.
- TRAINING DATES:
- Jr. High Boys: Sundays: October 15, October 22 and October 29 from 3:30 - 5 p.m. at the Paragon.
- Jr. High Girls: Wednesdays: November 15, November 22 and November 29 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. at the Paragon.
- COST: $75.00 per player
- REGISTER: This program is open to the first 25 players , so space is limited. You can enroll by registering online at or mailing in the sign-up form.
NOTE: Deadline to register for Girls is November 13.There will be no refunds issued and a $10 late fee charged for on-site registration.
DR. DISH SHOOTING LAB
- PLAYERS: Boys and girls in grades 7th - 8th
- DATES: Sundays: 12/3, 12/10 and 12/17
- TIME: 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- LOCATION: The Paragon:
- COST: $95.00 per player
- REGISTER: Space is limited to 10 players and will be based on first come-first serve. You can register online or mailing in the sign-up form. Registration closes December 1 and there will be no refunds issued.